DGSRC Tennis Team
DGSRC Dolphins Tennis team is open to players between 10-16 years old. Junior League players will continue to develop their playing skills including: rallying, spin & directional control, serve & return techniques, and singles/doubles strategies.
Try-outs: Players must try-out to qualify for the team of up to 40 players. Players are expected to know how to serve, rally, volley, keep score, and know court positioning for singles and doubles. Try-outs are mainly aimed to show that players know the basics fundamentals and are able to carry on a match. League players returning from last year do not need to try-out again.
Try-out dates for 2020 season are TBD.
Registration Process: Base on membership feedback, the DGSRC has launched a self-service portal for all activities at the Club including Tennis Team registration. If you have not registered for the portal yet, please click here for more information. If you have registered through the portal and ready to sign up for lessons, just click here to start the registration process!
Practices and Games:
- The Junior Team League will meet for 8 weeks from June 17 through August 16. Note that there is no practice the week of 4th of July. 2020 session dates tbd.
- Junior team players practice Monday - Thursday from 2:30-4:00PM plus play in one match a week on Fridays (times TBD).
- Matches will be against other local clubs and players are expected to travel to half of the matches with an approved adult.
- League provides 48 hours of instruction + Match Play!
- Junior League players will receive a team shirt for matches.
- Member Cost per Player is $430.